Hello,
Hi, I'm interested in knowing how Atlassian is solving the following workflow requirements:
my company is using JIRA for two main functionalities:(1) as support system (where our customers have access to) and (2) as a development system (for employees/developers; the customers should not see the issues there).
This is similar to Atlassian, I guess: All bug reports and feature requests are publicly accessible on jira.atlassian.com.
BUT we don't see comments of the atlassian developers, we don't see internal assignee changes or workflow steps changing. So this probably means that Atlassian uses another JIRA instance for the internal development, or uses private projects not accessible to non-employees.
My question is: How do you (Atlassian) deal with this, when somebody logs a bug in the public JIRA? I guess this somehow results in another issue in your 'private jira'. How do you link them and how do you ensure that the feedback goes back to the public project when the bug is resolved?
Is this a manual process that fully depends on discipline of your employees, or do you have additional tools / addons / features to support this workflow?