Hello,
I'm looking to automatically share a ticket with an Organization once the ticket is created, but I cannot find the ability to do so. Is this doable, and if so, how would I go about it?
Thanks,Rhonda
Hello Rhonda, I hope you’re having a great day!
When you say "Organization" do you mean Atlassian organization or a Customer organization, if you mean the Customer organization (within projects) you just need to create the organizations you need and add the customers to it, then, by default, the tickets will be shared among the members of the organization:
These are the steps:
I hope this helps you!
Regards
Josiane Oliveira
Atlassian Support
Also, I noticed that you mentioned automation in the summary, I believe that this rule may help you to achieve what you need:
There are some ways to do this using conditions and you can check them here: Jira automation conditions
Thank you for your response, Josiane. My apologies for not specifying. When referring to an Organization, I mean a Customer Organization. I've created an organization and added customers to it; however, I am not finding a way to use automation in order to share each newly created ticket with the Organization I created.
Thanks,
Rhonda
Hi Rhonda, g'day!
In the portal when the customer is a member of a customer organization it'll appear the button "share with", this button defines if the request will be shared or not:
Also, make sure that the option Should new requests automatically be shared with a customer's organization? is set as Yes in the Products settings:
The members of the organization can view what requests were shared in the portal like this:
So, if this is what you need, then by default the Customer organizations can solve it.
The automation rule is interesting when you have a lot of organizations and needs to have some conditional (i.e.: it'll share if it's regarding a specific Request type) before sharing the ticket with the organization.
Let me know if this helps you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.