I want the ability to have JIRA create another ticket in another project if a specific custom filed is selected. For example if the issue you are creating is stating that it is an outage then in the outage project it create a ticket automatically.
You'll need a bit of code to do that. There are "create issue on transition" post-functions in add-ons, but you might not be able to use them because of the "specific field selected" part.
Of course, I'd use the Script Runner add-on to write a script that says "if field, then create issue", but I would say that as I work for Adaptavist. (I'd actually have said the same if I didn't work there, but you'd have to take my word for that)
Create on Transition for JIRA can do that on a transition by conditioning the create based on the custom field value. See How to use pattern matching conditioning.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.