I'm having an issue with an application link between Jira and Confluence. I get a 'Certification Too Old' message in the catalina.out log for Jira.
After testing a couple things, it seem like there is a time difference between the process that calls the application link and the time in Jira/Confluence. Jira and Confluence are installed on the same server. The time in both of those programs are the same as the server (all set to Pacific Standard). If you look at the log below, something is using (reporting) GMT as the timezone.
If I set the 'Certificate Timeout' value on the application link to cover the time difference (set it to 500), everything works. If I set the timeout to the default (10), it doesn't work and I get errors in the log.
Here is the log entry.
Authentication failed for application link Confluence () http://localhost:8090 com.atlassian.applinks.application.confluence.ConfluenceApplicationTypeImpl@2ba4ead2. Response headers: {WWW-Authenticate=OAuth realm="https%3A%2F%2Fconfluence-site.com", Date=Tue, 26 Feb 2013 23:26:29 GMT, Vary=Accept, Content-Length=174, X-Seraph-Trusted-App-Error=OLD_CERT; Certificate too old. Application: {0} Certificate Created: {1} Timeout: {2}; ["jira:16345045","Tue Feb 26 15:26:29 PST 2013","10"], X-Seraph-Trusted-App-Status=ERROR, Connection=close, Content-Type=application/xml, Server=Apache-Coyote/1.1, Cache-Control=no-transform} body: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?><status><status-code>401</status-code><message>Client must be authenticated to access this resource.</message></status>
Jira Version = 5.1.2
Confluence Version = 4.3