I am trying to upload a file and I get an error that I must first lock it. I don't understand.
Hi @Simcha Kuritzky ,
can you share more info:
It's an Excel file. I can't take a screen print, but this is the error I get when I try to insert the file:
I don't know how to inspect permissions, but since I have successfully uploaded other files to this page, I doubt that's the problem.
Can you please try a different excel file? Some basic file without protection, macros, etc.
I renamed the file and the error went away.
Hi @Simcha Kuritzky
Perhaps you are trying to upload two files with the same name.
Can you try renaming the file and uploading it again.
Wow we commented the same thing almost at the same time
Does this mean a psychic link or a coincidence? I'll just assume a short-lived psychic link
@Simcha Kuritzky ,
curious...can you share the file name? Also if you have a moment I would be curious to see if you renamed the file back to the original name would it again give an error?
The file name was S-54010 VAOM-4701 DM_flex def_09072022.xlsx. I changed it to S-54010 VAOM-4701 DM_flex def_09222022.xlsx and it uploaded. I still can't upload a file with the original name. I do not see any other files with that same name on the page (it is not a very big page).
are u using an external app like https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/36199/cenote-lockpoint-attachment-check-out?hosting=cloud&tab=overview?
Fabio
Hi Simcha,
From the error message, your Confluence instance has Cenote Lockpoint installed to protect attachments from editing, and that message comes from our app.
If an attachment of the same name exists on the page, you would need to navigate to the "... → Attachments" page, find that similar attachment, then select the "Lock" link next to the attachment name, which would then allow it to be edited.
As Lockpoint is currently configured on your system, it requires the attachment to be locked before any sort of modification would be permitted. Alternatively, Lockpoint also supports a "Smart Locking" mode in which it only prevents attachments from being modified if they are already locked by another user. Switching to this mode would allow you to edit the attachment without going through extra steps. This option would need to be enabled by your Confluence Administration on the global Lockpoint configuration page.
From some of the earlier comments, it seems like you might be saying that the file does not already exist on the page. In this case, the locking message is unexpected. If you can verify through the Attachments page that the file does not actually exist, we would love to look into this further. (Note that you cannot necessarily rely on the Attachments macro to show you full data, since the macro may be configured to filter out some of the attachments on the page, which is why the best place to verify is on the Attachments page using the instruction suggested above.)
In any event, if the problem still persists, you can contact us directly on our support site to open a ticket, and we will be happy to investigate further.
Thanks!
Scott @ Cenote
Thanks @Scott Dudley _Cenote_ , I could not pickup on any specific addon based upon the error message (cryptic). My guess was an addon was contributing to this error.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.