A fatal error has occured
The following problem occurre, which prevents Atlassian Bitbucket from starting_
The database, as urrently configured, is not accessible. Communication link failure
I ran into this issue (Upgrading Bitbucket Server from 7.21.2 to 7.21.5. One of the other errors I saw (besides the one you mention) relate to SSL:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: No appropriate protocol (protocol is disabled or cipher suites are inappropriate)
So in my bitbucket.properties file, I added "&useSSL=false" to the end of my jdbc.url. After restarting bitbucket as a service - it came up fine. Not sure what changed to drive the break between versions. Hopefully this is helpful to you and/or others down the road!
The better answer is probably to fix the SSL issue and use encryption for connection to the DB, but since my instance runs on the same host as the DB server (MySQL), I am not as concerned with it.
Hi Martin,
Do you see anything else in the Bitbucket Server log? You can find it at <BitbucketHome>/log/atlassian-bitbucket.log
Cheers,
Christian
Premier Support Engineer
Atlassian
placed my answer on a wrong place
Rgds
Martin
Hi Christian,
i found following error message:
ERROR [spring-startup] com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool bitbucket -Exception during pool initialization. com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communication link failure
Hi Ty,
thank you very much. This was helpful. For me it's the same. DB and Application running on the same host. I inserted your solution and now the application comes up and is running.
Best regards
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.