I have installed scriptrunner as I believe it is necessary for me to set the Assignee based on a customfield value. If custom field, Value, is set to 1, I want to assign john.smith. If custom field, Value, is set to 2, i want to assign betty.williams, etc.
I looked at this answer https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/140304/groovy-post-script-to-assign-a-user-based-on-a-customfield
And am trying to interpret to know what I need to replace in terms of the custom field, custom field value, and assigee. Please bear with me as I haven't done coding in almost 10 years!
Is the reference to CustomField the ID or the field name? I would assume ID since that is unique, but it's not clear. Same with value - I would think I would put in the actual value name as I don't recall seeing the ID in the URL. For assignee, I'm confused as to what to replace.
Appreciate any ideas/assistance.