This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Office PowerPoint Macro
My Chinese character powerpoint which was uploaded using office powerpoint macro would be displayed in Messy Code.
My Confluence Version is 5.9.2
image2016-11-17 14:43:57.png
Hi John,
I've seen with other languages and the issue for me was the browser. Using Confluence with Internet Explorer (IE10+) passed it through fine.. Might work for you the same. If of course you are using a windows machine/parallels. You could check the Characterset via the browser tools/options - my brain is tired so trying to remember but flick through selecting UTF-8/Western ISO that I think is listed.
Darren
It appears to be a known bug:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/2-byte-characters-japanese-korean-chinese-do-not-display-in-powerpoint-macro-640189539.html
Are you running Linux (on the Confluence Server)? In that case, you might be able to fix it by installing the necessary fonts. ( /usr/local/share/fonts, if I remember right).
Dear Darren,
I tried to change my IE language to Simplified Chinese, but doesn't help, still the same messy codes...
):
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.