Business requirement:
Issues can have blockers which are in other projects/environments. I need to be able to see issue-by-issue in my structure, whether each individual blocked issue can be unblocked by taking delivery of the completed blocking issue. Delivery is available when the external project is complete, so I need to be able to see directly if the project is complete - using as a starting point "this" current issue in the structure.
To recap:
MY STRUCTURE issue IS BLOCKED BY an external issue which WAS INITIATED BY external project.
and I need to be able to determine the status of the external project, indirectly through the blocking issue's links.
So far, I can:
1. list the blockers
2. interrogate the blockers to see simple attributes such as status, when a build was done etc
but have failed to drill into the blocker's own list of further links, especially to find which link on the blocker relates to the project containing the bundle for delivery.
Please note that the identity of the project/s is not known a priori - there can be many active projects across other teams. And they are transient so cannot be hard-coded into filters/formulae.
This works as the first step in the linkages to identify the blockers (straight from the Structure manual):
WITH _Blockers = issuelinks.FILTER($.type = 'Blocks' AND $.destination = this).source:
_Blockers
// this primitive test tells whether a blocker has been in a build:
SEARCH ("SYS",_Blockers.builds,1)
// this shows the issuetype
_Blockers.issuetype
But when I try to examine the linkages of the blockers themselves, nothing is shown in the formula:
_Blockers.issuelinks.type
This is where I need to search for a particular linkage type to find the external delivery project, confirm the issuetype of the external project, and start arranging delivery.
Your suggestions would be most welcome!
Thanks
Paul
(Context: Structure v7.3)