Hi,
When I use import function, I can only upload one component for one task. Unless it cannot pass validation.
Import example:
I use "," between different components, but it not passes validation.
Hi @funny,
You can import multiple components by creating multiple columns in your CSV file - one column for each component. You will not be able to do it by adding them in the same column and separating them with a comma or other differentiators. Only by using individual columns, this can be achieved.
Hope this helps!
Thanks!
You didn't read the kba fully, for multiple values each value needs to be a separate column, e.g.
Key,Summary,Component/s,Component/sKEYTOUPDATE-5,,component-a,component-b
The csv reader must split the columns in some way - so current it either thinks your csv is malformed (missing header), or treats your comma separated components as a single value, because you're using a different delimiter than comma.
Thank you very much.
It works, many thanks.
It works many thanks
I am using Test Case importer from Xray, and there it is not possible to map the field "Component" 2 times, so I can not split them in different columns.
Would you have any other suggestion?
Thanks
Well, they clearly state here https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAY/Examples+using+Test+Case+Importer#ExamplesusingTestCaseImporter-Importmanualtestcases that it is possible.
If you find that the documented functionality doesn't work, it's best to discuss with the vendor: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211769/xray-test-management-for-jira?hosting=datacenter&tab=support
Hi, thanks. I had to change the delimiter between the Components from " , " to " ; " in the csv and now it works.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.