Hi!I have a table from which cells I'd like to retrieve just the text - no format, no column name, no table.... - nothing but the text. Is this feasible?If it is possible, how can I do that?I've been trying Table Filter and Table Transformer with Table Excerpt Include, but I've not been able to get rid of the table frame...thanks in advanced!
Hi @Jorge Sabino ,
Please, clarify the case - do you need to retrieve data within a specific cell?
Then it won't be a problem: just put the Table Excerpt macro inside the cell and wrap its contents. Then reuse the Excerpt via the Table Excerpt Include macro (don't forget to tick the "Show a copy of the source table" option if you do it on the same page). The contents of the cell will be shown as plain text.
Or maybe the following case will suit you: for example, I reuse a table via the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros but want to show only one specific cell as plain text.
So you may wrap this Table Excerpt Include (or a manually created table for my example) in the Table Transformer macro and find the required cell:
SELECT 'Date'FROM T*WHERE 'Phase' LIKE SELECT 'Date'FROM T*WHERE 'Phase' LIKE "%Development%"
For example, here I want to show the date that corresponds the "%Development%" phase.
The result is a one-cell table with a header.
To remove the header and borders, go to the "Options" tab:
Now you get plain text as a result:
Note that if you don't see the "Show result as plain text" option, it means that you need to update the app - it's a new feature. The current version is 9.2.1 - please check and update if necessary.
Hope this helps.
Hi Katerina,Thank you for your answer.Actually, I cannot edit the table I'm trying to fetch from - that is why I was being strict about getting only the text from the cell - so the first option is not in my grasp.The last use case is exactly what I'm looking for. Let me just try that and I'll report back.Thanks again for the alternatives on the answers.Regards,Jorge
ah.... it seams like I have an "older" version:Could I include the removal of the header and borders on the query itself?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.