Initial emails sent to the mailbox currently create a new ticket, however, if recipients in the email reply (which includes the mailbox) it SHOULD NOT create a new ticket in the Project ticket
What route are you using for email?
Is it a standard Jira built-in email handler? If so, you should probably swap from a "create issue handler" to a "create or comment handler". The create or comment handler will check the email subject for issue keys and convert the email to a comment on the email rather than create a new issue each time someone replies.
I am using JETI Mail box
JETI is a powerful email tool, a lot more clever than the default Jira email handlers. I have not used it for a while, so I can't really help you configure it, but I do know it's been able to identify incoming emails as comments based on a load of things in the email, not just having the issue key in the subject.
Look for "processing strategy" in the docs, if memory serves.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.