We have recently replaced Splunk On-Call (formerly known as VictorOps) with a new setup of OpsGenie.
I am a user/admin of OpsGenie and we have a really annoying problem to do with 'Notification fatigue'.
The scenario is as follows: We receive a repeated alert to do with a problem in the system and this message floods our slack channel and the person on-call is bombarded with the notifications.
We would like to have the following happen:
1. On-Call receive the alert (and a message is sent to the slack channel)
2. On-Call Acknowledges the alert
3. Unless they close the alert, they will not receive any more of the same notification again.
I have taken a look at the Current Tier->Policies->Notification Policies, but I cannot see this feature.
Also, this is exactly how Splunk On-Call worked..
Does anyone have any ideas how to fix it or perhaps work around?
(btw, I have looked at the video/document called 'Three Ways to Reduce Alert Noise and Fatigue with Opsgenie')