Guys,
Any work around to un-watch or watch multiple issues ?
We can't edit watchers list via bulk edit.
Fyi, I use jira 4.4.1 and 4.4.5.
Thanks, Vishnu.
This feature has now been added to the Bulk Issue capability in JIRA (>= 6.0).
See the Watch / Stop Watching section of this article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Modifying+Multiple+(Bulk)+Issues
Nope that is not possible at the moment. I have done this via database in the past!
No, but there is an issue for you to vote on: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-2429
Thanks guys. I added my vote. But it's ideal for last 9 years
Through gadget we can add or remove watchers,
just you need to develop gadget to add or remove watchers to filter.
(Greasemonkey is a FF extension; Chrome runs user scripts natively).
Unfortunately none of them works for me (see Reviews tab there). Please try them and write if they work for you
I found this:
https://gist.github.com/prenagha/3098888
http://goo.gl/Z9i7n
You can use the Jira CLI.
The latest free version 2.6.0:https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/download/attachments/16285777/jira-cli-2.6.0-distribution.zip?api=v2
Use these actions:
Say <my-user> wants to unwatch all except project <interesting>. Adjust the "jira" batch file, then run this:
jira --action runFromIssueList --search "key in watchedIssues() and project!=<interesting>" --common "--action removeWatchers --issue @issue@ --userId <my-user>"
Thanks! That CLI works great. Just as advertised!
Here's a quick Python script that will work as long as you have add/remove watcher rights on the project(s) you are trying to affect (or are just working on yourself).
It requires the Requests library (http://docs.python-requests.org/en/latest/) but since it runs through the REST API requires much lower access than CLI.
import json import requests WebSession = requests.Session() WebSession.auth = ('username','password') #JIRA Credentials go here, Optionally use Base64 Encode/Decode WebParams = {'jql':'watcher = currentUser()', 'fields':'key', 'maxResults':'9999'} #You can use basically any JIRA search query here in the JQL parameter WatchList = WebSession.get('https://JIRA Root URL Here/rest/api/latest/search', params=WebParams) #Fill in your JIRA Root WebParams = {'username': 'User'} #Insert User Name of watcher to delete here, probably yours for k in WatchList.json()['issues']: print 'Removing Watcher ' + WebParams['username'] + ' from issue ' + k['key'] WebSession.delete('https://JIRA Root URL Here/rest/api/latest/issue/'+k['key']+'/watchers', params=WebParams) #Fill in your JIRA Root
And it *still* works well! :-) I've got 4058 issues in my watchedIssues() list, though, so I need the --limit option as well. Here's an example for people as unfamiliar with the CLI tools as I was a few weeks ago:
./atlassian-cli-3.8.0/atlassian.sh jira --action runFromIssueList --search 'key in watchedIssues() and category not in ("DevOps Projects", "IT Projects")' --limit 1000 --common "--action removeWatchers --issue @issue@ --userId mdiehn"
Here's a quick JavaScript for bulk stop watch (will not require any tools other then your browser):
https://gist.github.com/qvaqvaboo/1abbec8054b26dbdd4ae
This is enabled in JIRA 6.0 and later. See Michael Villis's answer, below.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.