Hi all,
We are interested in migrating a server instance of Confluence v6.15.2 up to the cloud using Atlassian's migration procedures.
We've asked some questions to Atlassian's IT support and I have read through some of the documentation. But I guess there is one thing that still worries me.
Our Confluence is:
- protected from the outside world via an institutional firewall; the server should have outbound access, but no inbound access
- behind a load balancer using nginx -- the load balancer is on a separate server from where Confluence is, but both are behind our institutional firewall
Will either or both issues give us problems with the migration? Unfortunately, I'm not the person who set up the above so removing them is not going to be easy. Migration to the cloud was hopefully going to get us away from this setup, but now I realise that maybe it will prevent us from migrating...
If either is going to be a problem, I was thinking of backing it up and restoring it on to a computer that it outside of our organization and then migrating from that. Is this recommended, or should we just "give it a try" first?
Also, the backup is about 25 GB in size... I know how long depends on our connection to Atlassian's cloud servers, but any idea how long migrating will take? i.e., hours...days?
Thank you! Any advice would be appreciated!
Ray