Hi,
I'm running in to a client situation where I'm pondering what the right approach would be.
The Department that is currently using Jira (DC and no plans to move to Cloud) are all Agents.
There are no real external customers (except for a handful users that call to log an Incident) and everything that is handled (Incidents/Requests (and especially Changes)) are all created by the Agents and handled by the same or other Agents.
We're talking real Infrastructure changes, things like Firewall adaptations, Server setup and maintenance, Network changes, .. all those things where a true customer/end-user has no hand in.
Because of that we're running in to some resistance to using the portal. The agents would need to jump back and forth all the time to create something and then (most often) handle it themselves. Hence the added value of the portal is almost non-existent and even becoming a hassle.
The main reason to use it would be to allow custom entry forms for specific changes.I'm personally not a fan of setting up specific issue types for each type of Change/Request but without the possibility to have more than 1 create/view screen per issue type (that is then dynamically loaded) we're stuck using a lot of Behaviors.
Does anybody here face the same challenge? Some tips/tricks that I could use or how would you handle such a case?
All input is welcome!