Hi,
I get by default one event to be fired when a state transition occurs.
Can I get to fire more than one event when a state transition occurs ?
Thanks
Deepak Bhatia
Ideally to keep things simple, we should have a single event to be fired on a single state transition because the more events getting fired will complicate the things.But JIRA gives option to select user defined event.
Anyway I will manage with the same.
No.
I think you might be able to rig something up in code, but Jira does block you from using the built-in post-function to fire more than one event. I imagine Atlassian have a good reason for doing that, but I'm not sure. There is an issue open about this somewhere (related to changing assignee in an edit not firing an "assigned" event because it's already fired an "edit").
An event after a workflow transition not of an usual event. Usually you would send multiple events that may be handled by one or many handlers. In JIRA the event mainly triggers the sending of notification mails. So you would not send multiple notifications ;-)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.