Hi there,
we have several huge migrations from one JIRA to an other Jira.
As the Project-Restore out of the XML-Backup wouldn't work, the easiest way is CSV.
So we are exporting ALL issues of one project and want to import them into the new Jira-Project.
Now the complicated part...
Of course we have many Sub-Tasks so if I follow the Atlassian-Documentation (https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/7AESCw) I have to add 2 new columns in the CSV and MANUALLY edit the Issue-IDs for regular-Tasks and also MANUALLY edit the parent-ID for Sub-Task.
For 100-issues maybe possible... What about 25.000 issues???
If I create an excel-Export with ALL fields, there is also a column "Sub-Tasks" which the issue-ID of Sub-Task. BUT I don't need the Issue-ID of SubTasks because JIRA doesn't care on those IDs, it wants the parent-ID.
Why the hell JIRA doesn't export the parent-ID? That makes Import and Export way easier!!
What are your ways to import many many issues with subtask?
I tried that once for 1 project with around 3000 issues... Took me about 4-5h to manually edit the CSV adding parent-ids... Horrible work!
Kind regards
André
EDIT: Same with attachments... If I export issues with Excel the column has: "_thumb_98770.png" as value.
The URL and name of the attachment is completely different => http://JIRA-URL/secure/attachment/98770/logo2.jpg
So, again, I have to edit manually thousends of lines 