Hi there,
I am looking consolidating down a number of forms to display less on the portal, but each turn I take I come up with an issue.
Let's says there are 4 portal groups and they have between 4 and 6 forms in each group. A lot of these forms are identical except they are capturing one field different.
My first thought was create a 'Forms' form in JSM and have a Request Type drop down which controls a number of sections on the form for conditional visibility. This way their 'Make a Request' form is basically down to one and customers make a single choice in the drop down box. I was thinking or mapping this to a 'Request' custom field as there is automation needed to automatically assign a team based on the request.
BUT
then I was thinking that is a lot of selections in the one drop down box, so instead of 1 big form, have 1 form per group of forms represented in the 4 portal groups - so there would be 4 request forms. These forms work the same way to have fields display based on what is selected in the drop down box, but just less to choose from.
Then I hit a snag. Seeing I am mapping the field on the form to the Jira custom field to show the request types, it still shows all the request types that are in the custom field. Remembering I need the custom field mapped as I need to be able to leverage the selected request type from the form for automation to assign teams and such.
I know turned wordy.. but in a nutshell, I am trying to consolidate a heap of requests down to a smaller number of forms and was hoping to leverage 'forms' but ground to a halt on how to track the selected request type from the form.