I have an Issue Type that was created for a specific project and do not want other projects to be able to use that issue type. I am not finding how to restrict that Issue Type to the project.
Look to the "issue type scheme" for the projects.
You'll want to create a new scheme (copy the existing one is going to be easier), associate it with the exceptional project and then add your one issue type to the scheme.
Hi Nic,
in cloud, if I do this, the new issue type will also be added to the Default Issue Type Scheme. At least I think. This within present the new issue type two other projects as well correct? Maybe server is different?
@Jack Brickey I never use the default for anything, just for this reason. I have a separate one for each type of project. Server acts the same way
@Joe Pitt ,
yes understood and agree but if the issue type is in fact added to the default scheme by the system even when the user only added it to a project specific scheme then it is available to other projects. I need to retest to see if my memory on this behavior is accurate.
@kristi gray , I am also interested in the use case for restricting or hiding an issuetype from other projects. Just curious here.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.