I can't find the right syntax for issue linking. I want to mark an issue as blocked by another one; I tried this syntax
is blocked by [TS-10]
But it doesn't seem to work. What syntax should I use?
Where are you trying this?
A Jira text field will simply spot TS-10 and create a direct link to it where you've typed it. There's nothing more complex than that, it won't create a full "issue link" just because you type in a bit of text in a field.
I'm trying it in the issue description of the blocked issue. I can link the blocking issue using
[TS-10]
but I don't figure out how to set it as blocking (I'm talking about this feature: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Linking+Issues)
As I said, just putting text in is a direct url link to the issue. It is NOT an issue link as described there.
To do issue-linking, click "More" then "link" on the menu as it says in the docs. It's nothing to do with the description field.
Ok, I think I misunderstood, I took for granted it was possible to set an issue as blocked by another issue just writing in the issue; instead I can do it only using More -> Link, as you said. Thank you
As Nic noted, the optimal method for linking issues is to use the More button while viewing a specific issue and select the Link option.
This will let you select a specific linking relationship. You can use this information to filter results in the Issue Navigator via the "linkedissues()" function.
Something along the lines of
issue in linkedIssues("SRV-148","depends on")
would return any linked issues using this link relationship.
You can define your own link types to suit your specific needs.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.