I'm partly trying to better understand how Jira works but also trying to solve a charting problem involving historical data that relies on data from a scripted (numeric) field.
So I have a scripted field called 'Score'. Score does a simple numeric calculation that populates a custom script field that I created (Number Searcher type). The field only appears on a single issue type but across all projects. It works by creating a score value based on two other string fields. It returns a computation when either of those two fields are changed on any ticket that also has the Score scripted field.
So how does ScriptRunner know when to run the script? The Groovy script itself is fairly simple, just a 'If' statement that gets both of the qualitative string fields and compares them to a list and then calculates a score based on those results. What does it write to the Jira database? Does it just update the Score field variable (or column) irrespective of time for the ticket entry in the database? If so, how do I create a scoring history per se? In other words, how do I time stamp those scoring changes?
As it stands now, I can chart(in eazyBI) the change of scoring but the effective date of any score change is the ticket creation date, regardless of how many historical measures I import and analyze. For example, the 'change' measure only shows aggregated sums on the days when tickets were created and not actually changed.
Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.