I have set up inbound email handlers to create issues forwarded to a mailbox.
We like to have to original client email attached to the ticket, so we "Forward as Attachement" in Outlook. This generates a .msg file from the original email that we are forwarding, and attaches it to a new email.
When the new email arrives in our jira inbox, the attachment is a binary .msg file. (Filename: "subject xyz.msg")
When JIRA processes the message, the file attached to the new Issue is a text .eml file, but the .eml extension is missing from the filename (Filename: "subject xyz"). I can tell it's an .eml by downloading it and opening it in a text editor.
As a result, if we want to view the original email, we have to download the file, then rename it to a .eml, and then open it with Outlook.
Does anyone know how we can fix this? I'd either like for the attachments to be the original .msg, or the .eml is ok as long as the filename is correct.