I need to change the name of a few hundred objects.
I though I could use import, but it does not let me use Name as the uid and map it to a new value.
Hi @Matt
You can change the object values once you have identified the objects via IQL
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/edit-multiple-objects
Thanks,
Pramodh
Ah no, I'm familar with that approach, very useful, but in this case I have to rename the Label/Name.I need to change like this
Foo1Foo2Foo3to Bar1Bar2Bar2I think the only way to do it, is to create a new column, import new name to that.Make that the label, and import update the original Name, and then make that the label again. I'm worried about what will break.
@Matt
If you have referred any object field attributes in the custom field surely it will break and also look for the automations
If you have not referred those, you can go ahead and create the new attribute
Thanks
You should be able to use an Import to overlay or "upsert" the new Name/Label values. In your Import mapping, you'll most likely want to use the Key as the identifier. (which means you'll need the key in your CSV)
This was my first thought.
I had Key and Name (new name).In the import definition, it did not let me use Key as the identifier, only name.
Seem wierd, maybe I did something wrong, I did lokk a couple of times though.
Can you check you system?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.