Is a subtask on a parent issue considered a link on that parent issue?
No, they're not considered to be issue links.
In the background, sub-tasks and issue-links have a lot in common, but because sub-tasks are a fragment of an issue and links show a non-hierarchical relationship between two issues, they look and behave very differently.
so if i was writing a groovy script:
linkMgr = ComponentAccessor.getIssueLinkManager()for (IssueLink link in linkMgr.getOutwardLinks(issue.id)){
...
}
the for loop would not include sub-tasks if the issue.id is the parent?
It might, but I cannot remember.
Sub-tasks are partially stored as an issue link type, one that is hidden from the UI. I can't remember if the API is clever enough to ignore them when you use that code. I'd recommend ignoring them in your script though, you need to do some extra stuff in other places if you're changing parent/sub-task links.
if i was only trying to remove links and leave sub-tasks attached to the parent could that be done?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.