I want developers to be able to log in, and see a list of ONLY the projects they are currently associated with, and I want administrators to be the ones associating developers with projects (not developers opting which projects they see). I'm calling this concept an "Active projects" list.
It's not necessary that developers are blocked from viewing projects that they are not members of (and preferable if not).
Currently, the only dashboard gadget I can see is "Projects", and requires the developer to manually select each project they want to see a link to, or all the projects at once. This isn't what I'd like, because administrators should be showing developers what projects they are enrolled in, and it's unecessary clutter for all developers to see all projects. Also when projects are finished, they need to not show up in this "Active projects" list, because this is also unecessary clutter.
Hope you guys can help.