i did a bit of research and found that you could setup a subscription to a filter and get a notification. But the subscription option is no longer available in Jira, is there any other way to do this?
Filter Subscriptions is still a thing in JIRA. Why would you say it's no longer available?
when I go to subscriptions in JIRA, i get a message that says no license, click here to register. I clicked on it to try/buy the license, and this is what comes up:
License (Obsolete) -In February 2016, the JIRA Timesheet Reports and Charts add-on, which is currently offered as part of JIRA Software Cloud and JIRA Core Cloud, will no longer be available. Existing gadgets provided by this plugin will no longer load and reports will no longer be available.
Am I looking in the wrong place?
Yes. You must go to Manage Filters. There is a Subscription Link on each filter there –
image2016-2-5 9:4:52.png
Alternatively when looking at a filter, clicking Details will pop open an inline dialog where you can create a subscription –
image2016-2-5 9:6:0.png
I setup the subscription, thanks so much!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.