Hello I am creating a confiform where user can put IDs. I put comma separate to put those IDs.But how can set a limit that user can’t put more then 5 IDs on the form?please reply
Hi @Mr Ali and welcome to this community
Are you using a text field to enter IDs? Not something like a "multi-label" field in ConfiForms, no?
If a text field then you can set up a conditional validation rule, something like this
Demo: http://recordit.co/zjfdGrSm0b
Example storage format:
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="43cb5d70-d629-40b8-9046-c3dd31f69854" ac:name="confiform" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="formName">f</ac:parameter><ac:rich-text-body><ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="a5e447e7-e1a8-4f0c-95e7-52e959a2bd4d" ac:name="confiform-entry-register" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="hideMetadata">true</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="type">Embedded</ac:parameter><ac:rich-text-body><p><br/></p></ac:rich-text-body></ac:structured-macro><p><ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="864de13f-9e71-400b-bcf0-5531e89fa067" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">IDS</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">Enter IDS</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldDescription">comma separated, but not more than 5</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="type">text</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro></p><p><ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="ea9621a5-8c59-4d06-bc75-d2886b5f17ab" ac:name="confiform-field-definition-rules" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="condition">IDS.split(,).asCount:>5</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">You are not allowed to enter more than 5 IDs</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="action">Validation rule</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro></p></ac:rich-text-body></ac:structured-macro>
Hope it helps
Alex
Hi Alex,
I followed your suggested steps,but not working
I added two Macro
first one is Confiforms Form field Defination
Here I put
Field name IDS
Field label IDS
Field Type Text
Field description (optional) comma separated, but not more than 5
on the 2nd Confiforms Rules for Field Definition
Field name You are not allowed to enter more than 5 IDs
Condition IDS.split(,).asCount:>5
Action to execute * Validation rule
Could you please check what need to change here
The condition is
IDS.split(,).asCount:>5
(in the storage format it gets escaped to be XML friendly)
but in the demo I have recorded for you it is not escaped
Have you checked the screencast I have recorded for you?
Yes, I checked the recorded video, followed all the steps.But still after putting all the condition and parameter not able to limit the form
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.