I want to add one more assignee name to the task as part of pair programming and i do not see an option as ASigneee2 or something like this..... is there a way to add another asignee
Hi AshaCR, Some thoughts,
Here are the few documents related to it , https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/How+do+I+assign+issues+to+multiple+usershttps://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Assign-a-task-to-multiple-assignees/qaq-p/397690
Hope this helps you !Regards,Yogesh
Hello @AshaCR ,
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!
As @YogeshKR mentioned Jira doesn't support multiple assignee field by default. but you can create many as you want user picker custom field in Jira and add it to required screens, issue type etc.
Hi Mayur,
Although i have admin privileges am unable to add the pair assignee.....
can u help
@you need to create and add user picker custom field to issue and create/edit/view screen then only you will able to select the user from the list.
I understand JIRA wants to nominate a core driver for a story, fine makes sense.
BUT how do I properly ensure that the second paired programmer's time and efforts are represented in some way in reporting for a sprint to show they aren't sitting on their hands.
I just tried assigning a pointed subtask to the secondary person and that did not seem to change their personal capacity for the sprint. So I am not clear how utilizing subtasks and divvying out Assignee would be helpful when I am trying to evaluate each team member across a whole sprint.
I see @YogeshKR 's comment but the links do not seem to get to the last part to see the whole picture across the sprint as I think I would need in the end. Maybe there's a dashboard, report, or trick I'm not thinking about?
I was wondering this too. That defeats other core features in Jira. It seems like they don't have any notion of real teamwork.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.