Hello All,
Is there any way in jira server to export subtask issues with their related epic links/name.
Thank you in advanced.
Regards
Pallavi Deore
Hi @Pallavi Deore
Try something like:
parent = EPIC-LINK
Hello Alex,
I have tried in Search issues
but that does not work.
Sub-tasks don't have an Epic link. They are included in an Epic by virtue of being part of their parent issue.
Is there any way we can get this done.
@Pallavi Deore it doesn't work, because I gave you wrong instruction
This JQL will give you the parent of the subtask, meaning a standard issue type and not an epic. So this is not the solution. So, out of the box there isn't much to do.
But if you have scriptrunner you could do the following:
issuefunction in subtasksOf('issueFunction in issuesInEpics("issuekey=ATK-5")')
Where ATK-5 is the Epic link. This ought to work!
Alex
If you've got Scriptrunner, you can use the issuefunction to find the issues, as Alex says, but that won't get you the epic link in the output (because there isn't one for sub-tasks)
What I would do is create my own reporting field. Again with Scriptrunner. You can use it to define scripted fields which report data calculated automatically, usually from other fields on the issue.
You'll need a short script which says
The last time I did this, the client actually wanted the Epic's issue key to come out as a link so they could click straight through to the Epic - there's plenty of flexibility on what you choose to return in the field.
The reason I do it for all three levels of issue type is that I want it in one field in my reports, I don't want to have to have three columns (epic name, issue epic link, sub task epic link)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.