Here's what is going on:
I have Projects A & B
I have Issues A-1 & B-1
Issue A-1 "Contains" (link) issue B-1
I want to put a condition on my "Begin Work" Transition on B-1 so that it is only available when A-1 is in the status "Approved for Work".
The important points of the condition are:
The Link type has to be "Contains"(Parent)/"Contained by"(Child).
The parent issue has to be in Project A (being linked to an issue in Project B, C, or D doesn't fulfill the condition).
The status of the Parent has to be "Approved for Work". If the Parent issue is in another status then the condition isn't fulfilled.
For the sake of simplicity, I figured it would be best to make these into individual conditions all layered together but maybe I am over-complicating this.
I downloaded Script Runner, but I can't seem to find the fieldnames for linked issues or the status of a linked issue.