When I create a new repository I frequently get "a database error has occurred".
If I retry this error disappears after the 2nd or 3rd try.
Why doesn't it work the first time ?
Where can I see what is really wrong with the database ?
In our case it turned out there were database issues in our installation. My user record was created before Active Directory LDAP integration was set-up and I used the same userid as my AD account. This caused some kind of mix-up that led to the "database error" messages.
The issue was solved with the help of Atlassian support.
Check the atlassian-Bitbucket.log file - it should contain an exception message which will give you some pointers. You can also enable debug logging to see verbose message if what you see in the log file is not enough.
I saw the same message today, and found the exact cause inside atlassian-bitbucket.log file. The drive on the DB server was full, it couldn't write any new records. Expanding the drive was the fix.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.