I'm trying to export MediaWiki pages into Confluence using the Universal Wiki Converter.
I've managed to get all of my MediaWiki pages (with history) saved locally, but whenever I go to convert them to Confluence, I get the following error:
CONVERTER_ERROR Error while parsing xml. Skipping
The UWC UI keeps spitting out this error as it goes through each page. Note that I've added the "exported_mediawiki_pages\Pages" folder to the Pages list and every txt file in that folder is a historical revision of each page.
It works (kinda) whenever I select a single txt file in the Pages directory. But that's a different issue entirely (I think). That is, the page gets converted and uploaded to Confluence just fine, but the page is pretty nonsensical. It just shows the user that created the page, followed by the date it was created, and then the page's contents.
{user:<username>}
{timestamp:20110930164746}
<Page text goes here>
I realize that the {user} and {timestamp} strings are really macro's, but shouldn't those execute upon rendering the page? Is there a plugin I'm missing? Furthermore, shouldn't that information be in the page's header where it says:
Added by <last_name>, <first_name>, last edited by <last_name>, <first_name> on <date>
How can I use UWC to convert all of my local MediaWiki pages into Confluence pages while preserving the history?