Hello. I am quite new to Jira automation, so excuse my limited knowledge.
I am setting up automation for our new hire tickets. These are created from emails sent from our HR tool. I am setting up automation that will set the new hire's Line Manager as the Reporter.
Since the description is just text in an email, I need to do a match for the name, however, the reporter field will not work with full names, and expects userid, username or email, as far as I can gather.
Is there some way for the automation to do a search for full names and tie it in with userid, so this can be populated in the Reporter field?
Using the match command seems to work, but the automation rule gives an error saying the user does not exist, even though the Name is unique and a 100% match of the users Display Name.
This is the info included in the Description from the email.
An employee has been hired.
Employee Id: 12345
First name: Firstname
Last name: Lastname
Organizational Relationship: Employee
Department: 123456 Sales Europe
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reports to: ManagerName ManagerSurname
Hire date: 2022 09 01
I have tried using this code, but the user picker does not like it.
{{issue.description.match("Reports to:\s(.*)")}}I assume this has to be done in a few steps, but is this even possible?
Thank you for reading.