I am developing a plugin. In that I want to know if JIRA is running background or Locked indexing through JAVA code. Is there any way to do this? Is there any API for this?
I have been stuck at this since 2 days. Your help is much much appreciated.
It's a bit complex, there's no direct call for it.
Could you explain what your plugin is doing? In general, you don't usually need to know what indexing is running (if any), and there are probably more useful questions you can ask the system.
I have servers issue and software issue. Each software is having servers associated to it. So on updation of software, I want to reindex its associated servers. For eg. If a software has 5000 servers, so I need to index 5000 issues. So I created a schedular which will run daily. But if my reindexing is already running, and I updated a software, So in that case I want to add it to schedular. For that purpose I need to check if the indexing is already running or not.
I don't understand this. What is the "software" here? Is each one a JIRA issue? Or some service living on a server somewhere?
The reason I'm confused here is that if both servers and software are issues, then you don't need to re-index them at all - your service is re-doing things that are already done.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.