I installed Jira on Linux and need to change the hostname that Tomcat uses from localhost to my fully qualified domain name. Where can this be done? I need to do this on the file system so that I can access the Setup Wizard remotely as the server does not have a local browser.
Thanks,
Hi Don,
By default, JIRA comes configured to work on any network. So if it's running on a server and you want to reach it from your workstation, you can just type the server IP address in the browser or the server hostname if your network is configured to resolve the address. Just remember that you also need the port number if you haven't modified the configuration files. JIRA out-of-the-box runs on port 8080.
Try http://your-ip:8080
Cheers,Pedro
I needed to add the new port to iptables, working now.
Great to hear that!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.