I am trying to upgrade from JIRA 4.2.4 to 4.3.4 on tomcat 6 so that my LDAP authenticated users can integrate with Active Directory. I use an Oracle 10.2 database and have followed the instructions for upgrading to 4.3.4.
My problem is that my users do not get converted to Active Directory users. In the JIRA user browser they are all listed as "JIRA Internal Directory".
This is what I have tried:
- cp /usr/local/jira/4.2.4 /usr/local/jira/4.3.4
- backup database
- set jira.home in jira.properties
- build and deploy war
After that I realised that I needed the osuser.xml file for it to upgrade the LDAP-authenticated users to full AD users, so I stopped tomcat, replaced jira.home with a fresh copy from the old version, restored the database and started tomcat again. It seemed to do the upgrade again, except for the users (again).
There are definitely problems with the way that JIRA interacts with Oracle, and I think that might be some part of the problem (see my bug report at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-25132).
Has anyone succeeded in upgrading using Oracle or perhaps have a comment that could help me transfer my users to Active Directory users?