Hi! I'm a newbie, if someone could help I would really appreciate it
I've been working on Power BI for a while, using Jira as Data Source. I have been asked to bring data from Jira with a filter (saved search). It's possible? Where do I learn how to write it correctly? I get the error message...
On Jira advanced search: issueFunction in issuesInEpics("filter =Example1")
On Power query relative path: = p_api & p_request_search & "?maxResults=" & intMaxResults & "&jql=project=KEY AND (issueFunction in issuesInEpics(filter = 'Example1')) ORDER BY createdDate DESC" &"&fields=key,issuetype,created,status,customfield_10100" & "&startAt="
Error:
DataSource.Error: Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://xx/rest/api/2/search?maxResults=100&jql=project=KEY%20AND%20(issueFunction%20in%20issuesInEpics(filter%20=%20'Example1'))%20ORDER%20BY%20createdDate%20DESC&fields=key,issuetype,created,status,customfield_10100&startAt=0' (400):Details:DataSourceKind=WebDataSourcePath=https://xx/rest/api/2/searchUrl=https://xx/rest/api/2/search?maxResults=100&jql=project=KEY%20AND%20(issueFunction%20in%20issuesInEpics(filter%20=%20'Example1'))%20ORDER%20BY%20createdDate%20DESC&fields=key,issuetype,created,status,customfield_10100&startAt=0
Thanks a lot!
Hello Maria,
The issuesInEpics() jql function accepts another JQL as an argument or parameter as a string.
So following are a few examples for your reference.
issuesInEpics('filter = Example1')
OR
issuesInEpics("filter = Example1")
issuesInEpics("filter = 'multi words'")
Essentially, you could use single quotes for filter names or project names,s or custom field names made up of many words in double quotes or vice versa.I hope it helps.
Thanks
Rahul
Hi Rahul!
It works in the Jira advanced search but it doesn't on the Power Bi...
I write
= p_api & p_request_search & "?maxResults=" & intMaxResults & "&jql=project=KEY AND issueFunction in issuesInEpics('filter = 'Example1'') ORDER BY createdDate DESC" &"&fields=key,issuetype,created,status,customfield_10100" & "&startAt="
And I get:
{"errorMessages":["Error in the JQL Query: Expecting ')' or ',' but got 'Example1'. (line 1, character 58)"],"errors":{}}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.