Hi All
I use JIRA 4.4.1 & 4.4.
Need to have different context fot a Custom Field ( Single Select) based on Issue Type. I know this is possible based on Project.
I think it's not available out-of-the-box, any work around ?
Thanks in advance.
Vishnu.
It is possible based on issue type... check the docs: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Adding+a+Custom+Field#AddingaCustomField-CustomFieldContext
Thanks Jamie.
But it's not working as we expect.
Situation is ;
I have a custom field, a single select with three values, say A,B and C. This is needed globally in all project for the issue type CR.
Then, I need the same field in issue type RR but the values should be A and B.
I added new context for RR and found it's working good in RR. But mean time when I checked CR, the custom field was not available.
Any idea ?
Context works well in most cases but you can't have multiple contexts for the same project. Once a context is created for a project, none of the other contexts are applicable for that project.
You are rigt Jobin. Thats what I exactly face.
Vishnu, do not associate the field to any project. Rather have a global context and keep it only associated it with issue types. During searching, based on the issue type selected, the appropriate fields shall get populated correctly.
Also, having fields in project context makes system take lot of time during indexing. Try to use issue type as much as u can in contexts, that'll keep your system fast.
You can hide value by javascript or jquery
Hi Vishnu,
Could you please let me know if a solution was there for this issue faced by you?
I too need to customize jira project with this requirement.
It would be grateful if you could share the solution that helped you resolve this issue.
I tried with the options discussed here but the resolution isnt available still.
Thank you,
Hi Deepthi
For my requirement, I didn't get any better solution. I fixed this by having two different fields .
But, if you need to alter custom field options based on projects, we always have a solution by creating different contexts. From the above comment I hope this is what your requirement is.
Thanks, Vishnu
Creation of multiple global contexts are not supported by JIRA.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.