Is there a simple way to copy a custom field. I have a cascading custom field I would like to copy and alter a little different from the original. I have a lot of fields in the cascading filed and do not want to redo all of them over again.
Hello Ryan,
We are close to release a beta version of our plugin which will allow to perform this kind of operation. For now it will be for free so you can check it out. I will give you some info when it will be released.
I need to create 7-8 "State" select lists within the same project...don't want to enter AK, click, wait, AZ, click wait, 10 minutes later ...VT, click wait. Repeat 7 more times..3 hours later. Please hurry!
Groovy and Script Runner plugins have a builtin script to copy custom fields. Copying custom fields would be a great feature to add as a builtin feature of JIRA.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner
I'm looking to have the Edit Option "values" populated, not the Custom Field "values" themselves. We have Scriptrunner, tried that script. I've noticed if I import a csv into Jira the Edit Options for a field do get populated but I'm not ready to import data yet. And If I did import and didn't have one of every state in my import data, I wouldn't have all of the 50 states in my Edit Options, just those that were imported.
I want a "Copy" under the Gear along with "Configure, Edit, Screens, Delete" in the Custom Fields page!
I am TOTALLY upvoting this feature request. It would seem to be a simple tweak to the software. I created a 'master' field and need six 'slave' fields to be derived from the master. The master has 52 options, so creating six slaves is going to take me several hours. Time is money. Where's my discount (a year for free?) for this time I have to spend now.
Lol for what it’s worth!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.