Hello,
Currently I’m working on a project with multiple repository’s:
- one blueprint repository with various config directories for different topics and/or devices
- Multiple customer repository’s - one for each customer
I would like to copy selected config directories from the blueprint repository to a customer repository - only the ones that are needed and not everything.
The configs in the customer repositories won’t be edited or changed. Customer specific data/config will be provided by additional files. Currently I accomplish this task with a python script.
And here is my problem:
When something in the blueprint repository has changed that is also present in the customer repository the customers configs will be not like the blueprint - the datas are not consistent.
Is there a way or tool to accomplishes the copy task form blueprint repository to a customer repository with selected files and or directories and also checks for changes in the blueprint repo and e.G. pushes the new config in a new branch to the customer repo?