I created a custom field in Jira Align ( for Features). There exists a custom field in Jira Cloud (Epics) with same name and drop down options. How can I enable sync between these two in both directions?
Hi Serajul,
It is not currently possible to use the Jira Connector to synchronise a user created custom field in Jira Align with a Jira custom field.
It is possible for your team to develop a script that would utilise the API 2 for synchronising a user created custom field in Jira Align with a Jira custom field.
For more information on API 2 Custom Field Support for both platforms:
Jira Align: API 2.0 Custom Field Support
Jira Cloud: The Jira Cloud platform REST API (atlassian.com)
Hello Heidi, Thanks for the reply and suggestion. Can you provide some more guidance what this script will do with the API?
Hi Serajul,I suppose a script that would use the API to1. GET the data from the Jira custom field
2. GET the data from the Jira Align custom field
3. Compare the data. If the same, then exit
4. If different then PATCH the Jira custom field data into the Jira Align custom field.
And maybe vice-versa if you wanted bi-directional sync. Though I would recommend one-way to begin with.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.