I was reading this article on load balancer traffic to a Jira DataCenter cluster - which mentions dedicating a node(s) entirely for incoming REST requests.
This is a very useful traffic pattern for my company's Jira instance that fields many external requests to it. Enough that it can affect performance for users.
The article gives a recommended configuration to achieve this, which would be great, but in a box near the end it states that the recommendation won't work for AWS load-balancers. This is apparently because AWS uses its own traffic shaping policies. To achieve the desired REST traffic patterns I'll need to deploy 2 load balancers (according to the article) but fails to link to an example or explain more than that.
Hoping someone has solved this problem already and can explain a bit about what they did? I've looked across the web but no luck. Thanks in advance