Difference between Long term support release vs normal release
Hi Ashitha,
Normal Release is a regular release that Atlassian issues once every 1-2 months. Support for bug fixes and security is only 6 months from the release of a particular version. It is suitable for users who always want to have the latest.
An LTS Release is a specific version of an application for which patches and security patches are released for 2 years from the release of that version. It is suitable for users who cannot upgrade to newer versions frequently.
Pavel
Hi @Ashitha S ,
a Long Term Release is a stable release maintained for a longer period of time. I suggest to use LTS for enterprise customers.
Fabio
Is the cost of license same for both LTS release and Normal Release?
Yes, one licence for all Atlassian Releases.
Hi Fabio, I have a question on updates of the LTS version. For example, I have Confl LTS version 7.19.5. Do I need to manually update to newer versions of 7.19.x? In other words, is it secure to stick any version of LTS, or does Atlassian expect me to upgrade regularly, now to the latest 7.19.11.Thank you
Hi Pavel, I have a question on updates of the LTS version. For example, I have Confl LTS version 7.19.5. Do I need to manually update to newer versions of 7.19.x? In other words, is it secure to stick any version of LTS, or does Atlassian expect me to upgrade regularly, now to the latest 7.19.11.Thank you
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.