I have Confluence sitting behind Apache (mod_proxy), and my httpd.conf section looks like this:
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName confluence.example.com
ProxyRequests off
ProxyPreserveHost on
ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:8000/</pre<>>
ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:8000/</pre<>>
</VirtualHost>
I get an HTTP Error 502 whenever I try to access confluence.example.com. Nothing shows up in the Confluence log, but the Apache log shows:
[Thu Jul 21 15:59:23 2011] [error] [client 172.16.32.100] proxy: Error reading from remote server returned by /
[Thu Jul 21 15:59:23 2011] [error] [client 172.16.32.100] (20014)Internal error: proxy: error reading status line from remote server 127.0.0.1:8000
Is there any way to fix this? I can't give Confluence a separate public IP address, and I'd prefer it to run through port 80.
The exact same configuration works for Bamboo, Crowd, Crucible, and JIRA. Also, I can access Confluence directly on port 8000, but that isn't open externally, only over the LAN, and Confluence needs to be accessable over the Internet.