Hey,
I'm at v. 6.4.4 of Jira.
When I need to change the epic associated with a story, I hover over the Epic Link and click the pencil icon to start editing. Then, I start typing the first few characters of the epic I am looking for.
Problem 1: The list of epics includes every epic from every project at my entire site. When I type the letter "e", for example, the drop-down list says "Showing 10 of 9538 matching epics". I only have a dozen epics in my project. Why does JIRA think I want to pick from a list of every epic on the entire site? The default should be to just show epics from my project, with an option to include epics from a curated list of other projects, and, I suppose, if you must, all epics on the site (people really want that?).
Problem 2: I typed the entire name of my epic "publish", and the drop-down list said "Showing 10 of 55 matching epics". The epic I wanted was not in the first 10, and there is no way to scroll the list of suggestions so that I can see the other 45, so I was pretty much out of luck.
Please improve this functionality.
Thanks,
Eric