We are taking could based JIRA in use at our company. Some of the earlier admins (already left) have been trying out things and create a projects with real project names and therefore crating also Project Keys with real content. Now this was found and brought to my attention. He was using real project name and Key and therefore we have a problem. He also tried out different project types with real names and project keys.
Now my problem is that I have one project having wrong project type. All our projects are Software - Company Managed but this problematic one is Software - Team-managed. We should now get actual project created and planned with correct project key.
I wanted to change Project Key, cannot do for some reason. Change the project type, cannot do as was explained to be difficult.
So my question is can I just delete project which is created wrongly and save the project key by that way. If we need to change the project key it would have major impact to company naming rules.