I'm very new to Jira API, Groovy scripting and the Scriptrunner Plugin. Given that, I have been able to use it in a post function to raise a custom notification event based on the value of a custom field. Now a customer would like to be able notify different groups of users based on the component entered. Team A should be notified if Component A is entered, Team B notified when Component B is entered, ect. The event raised should be base on the first component entered and in this project the user should only chose one component for an issue.
My question is - Using scriptrunner plugin, is it possible to get the value of the first component entered and if so can anyone provide an example of the script?
If this is not possible, I can always remove components and implement a customfield with the required values, but would have to change some filters and dashboards as well.
Thanks in Advance