Hi,
I have to add 300 users to stash, is there a script available to add all users at one go?
Thank you
Regards,
Susant
You're best off using the REST API (https://developer.atlassian.com/static/rest/stash/3.3.0/stash-rest.html#idp759792).
Hi Susant,
I believe that you meant create users in Stash by saying "add users to Stash", right?
Please refer to this REST API in order to create users in Stash. The example below will create the user with the following characteristics:
$ curl -H "Content-Type:application/json" -H "Accept:application/json" --user admin:admin -X POST 'http://localhost:7990/rest/api/1.0/admin/users?name=testuser4&password=testuser4&displayName=Test User 4&emailAddress=test@user4.com&addToDefaultGroup=false'
To add the created users to a group, please follow the guidelines I posted on this answer here.
I hope that info is helpful to you!
Best regards,Thiago BomfimAtlassian Support - DevTools
Hi Thiago, I believe what Susant asked was, to create the users inside Stash. Not in a group inside Stash. Just as we discussed before, with the help of REST API, addition of users into a Stash group is possible. But the same can be applied to Stash in general? That is, can we create 300 users in Stash in a single go. (These users are not in Stash now) Do we have a plug in to import the users from some kind of file (.csv) to Stash and create them in it? Regards, -Jewel
Hi Jewel, This cURL call above will create a user inside Stash. If you create a script with 300 cURL calls like the one above you will be able to create 300 users. You will have to create a script to parse your CSV file and generate the cURL call commands above. There is no plugin to do that. As I explained the cURL call above creates a user with those characteristics. Let us know how you go. Best regards, Thiago Bomfim Atlassian Support
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.