Have a user that has a corporate distro as his only email address. He was added as a requested participant in one of our Helpdesk tickets. When he receives email updates about said helpdesk ticket he cannot access the ticket to view it. Is this expected due to the nature of his email address?
Hi @Joshua Thompson , first I'm unsure how someone can have a distribution list as their only email. The nature of the distribution list is that it is a collection of emails. In any event you would have to add the distribution email as a customer. Obviously anyone on the distribution list is going to be getting these notifications. So this is not something I would advise at all.
I'm guessing the address of that distribution list is configured as the email of a specific user?
It makes sense then of course that if any user of that distribution list tries to access the ticket (and it's not logging in with the user linked to the email directly (or any other participants/reporter) they will get blocked because their own user account is not associated with the ticket.
Like @Jack Brickey says, using a distribution list as a reporter/participant is only going to give you issues..
If you need to share a ticket with multiple customers you might consider adding them all in an organisation and sharing the ticket with that organisation.
It is an odd case, I agree. Makes sense though. Thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.